As they look to simplify the user experience while reducing costs, many enterprises ultimately will seek single-vendor solutions.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
Big Data vs. Sparse Data
On Oct 23, 2012
In the last few articles I explored possibilities for data futures. We talked about Big Data and Sparse Data. The first is an industry trend that is moving rapidly to center stage for many IT data professionals. It hasn’t built the momentum to carry it far down the food chain of data managers, but you can see that it is coming. In the next one to two years you need to develop a Big Data strategy, regardless of whether you are a large or small enterprise. I’ll get to my reasoning in a little bit.