Lookout iWork. Lookout Google Docs.
Big Data vs. Sparse Data
On Oct 23, 2012
In the last few articles I explored possibilities for data futures. We talked about Big Data and Sparse Data. The first is an industry trend that is moving rapidly to center stage for many IT data professionals. It hasn’t built the momentum to carry it far down the food chain of data managers, but you can see that it is coming. In the next one to two years you need to develop a Big Data strategy, regardless of whether you are a large or small enterprise. I’ll get to my reasoning in a little bit.
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud Delivery
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security & Compliance
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Have you ever launched an app and watch the battery meter drop before your eyes or feel your smartphone go nuclear?
Contact center vendors have made some big announcements in the past couple of weeks, including more emphasis on the cloud and creating a unified portfolio that tightly integrates