Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Big Data vs. Sparse Data
On Oct 23, 2012
In the last few articles I explored possibilities for data futures. We talked about Big Data and Sparse Data. The first is an industry trend that is moving rapidly to center stage for many IT data professionals. It hasn’t built the momentum to carry it far down the food chain of data managers, but you can see that it is coming. In the next one to two years you need to develop a Big Data strategy, regardless of whether you are a large or small enterprise. I’ll get to my reasoning in a little bit.