- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- PilotHouse - UCC
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
At the recent Genesys 2015 G-Force, I saw a futuristic demo in which pressing a button on a broken fridge automatically connected a person to a live agent to report an issue.
Cisco and the Rise of the Hybrid Cloud
A growing number of companies are leveraging the cloud for part of their UC and collaboration applications, while keeping some functions on premise.
"Cloud" has stuck around as a hot IT buzz-word a bit longer then most. Just about every vendor and service provider manages to insert the word "Cloud" into every press release, and usually more then once. To the outside observer, it may seem as if it is only a matter of time before everything moves to the cloud. At last week's Cisco Collaboration Summit, for example, cloud was front and center as Cisco unveiled enhancements to its Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS), including integration with service provider call signaling networks and broader support for video. In addition, Cisco announced that more than 30 partners were now delivering solutions based on HCS.