Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Contact Center Vendors Rapidly Expanding their Portfolios: A Recap of Recent Contact Center Announcements
Contact center vendors have made some big announcements in the past couple of weeks, including more emphasis on the cloud and creating a unified portfolio that tightly integrates all business functions (e.g., workforce optimization and social media marketing) with the contact center. Here is a recap of recent contact center vendor announcements:
- 8x8 – Cloud contact center solutions vendor, 8x8, announced that it has partnered with workforce management vendor Teleopti. The out-of-the-box integration will allow Teleopti to leverage 8x8’s call history data when creating staffing models to enhance workforce optimization, and it will all be done in the cloud.
- CafeX – Real-time customer engagement solutions vendor, CafeX, won the Best of Enterprise Connect award this year. Specifically, CafeX was recognized for its new Fusion Live Assist, which enables video chat in mobile apps and websites and other collaboration features such as screen sharing, on-screen drawing, and remote control of user applications. It also enables contact center features like context-based routing, call back, and IVR bypass.
- Genesys – Genesys announced its acquisition of social customer care and analytics vendor Solariat. This acquisition will extend Genesys’s social media engagement capabilities to include features such as the ability to learn and apply smart tags to social media posts and create reports about missed social media conversations.
- LiveVox and Aspect – Cloud contact center vendor LiveVox has partnered with contact center, workforce optimization, and back-office vendor Aspect Software to deploy a new cloud-based business process outsourcing (BPO) solution: Aspect BPO Cloud, powered by LiveVox. The partnership will enable LiveVox to include Aspect’s workforce optimization and self-service/IVR suite in its product offerings. Aspect will integrate its existing cloud-based solutions with the LiveVox platform and will host them in the Aspect global data center and telecommunications infrastructure. Aspect will also become LiveVox’s exclusive distributor outside of North America.
- TantaComm and Aspect – Compliance recording and quality management vendor TantaComm recently announced a new workforce management suite called TantaComm Manage, which is powered by Aspect’s Workforce Management platform. TantaComm Manage combines Aspect’s forecasting, planning, and scheduling capabilities with TantaComm’s customer interaction optimization solutions.