My latest posting on NoJitter is now available:
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
At last week’s Enghouse Interactive Analyst Event, I had a chance to get up close and personal with some of their contact center products.
Incoming CISOs like to joke that the first item they’re issued when they begin the new job is a T-shirt with a target on it.
Diversity Counts in Disaster Preparedness
On Nov 29, 2012
Recent storms and power outages in my area of the Eastern United States brought back memories of recent, similar experiences. On October 29, 2011, we had a freak snowstorm in New England. The trees still had leaves and the 10-plus inches of snow that fell was wet and heavy. In the early morning, I walked outside and looked into the forest surrounding my house. I saw and heard branches breaking and falling to the ground. I didn’t realize that power would be out for the next five days. Fortunately, I had a generator ready to go and three gallons of gas. Enough for one full day.