Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
Move From Big-Data to Big Information
Our insightful editor, James Connolly, recently posted a blog about big-data applications, Big-Data Apps Open the Door for Opportunity. (Hey James, if I call you charming and handsome as well as insightful, do I get a raise?)
In all seriousness, though, James is spot on with the notion that big-data applications already surround us, and big-data is beginning to change our lives. Yet many folk are dismissive of the very concept. Common reactions I hear are, "That's all just a bunch of hype drummed up by vendors to sell more stuff," and "Big-data? We’ve been doing that for years."