If you’re like most IT professionals, you’ve noticed that your roster of third-party providers continues to grow.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Enterprise Connect 2015 proved a popular venue for contact center and customer engagement announcements.
At the 25th anniversary Enterprise Connect this week in Orlando Microsoft took a bit of a gamble, walking away from the “Lync” name for its unified communications platform that it had adopted just
Move From Big-Data to Big Information
Our insightful editor, James Connolly, recently posted a blog about big-data applications, Big-Data Apps Open the Door for Opportunity. (Hey James, if I call you charming and handsome as well as insightful, do I get a raise?)
In all seriousness, though, James is spot on with the notion that big-data applications already surround us, and big-data is beginning to change our lives. Yet many folk are dismissive of the very concept. Common reactions I hear are, "That's all just a bunch of hype drummed up by vendors to sell more stuff," and "Big-data? We’ve been doing that for years."