Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
ActiveState Private PaaS Underscores Private Cloud Adoption
Enterprises: Moving your SOA into your cloud can be more than virtualizing the existing infrastructure - explore ways to take greater advantage of the cloud you are building to make your SOA more cloud like.
Vendors: Is your SOA product cloud friendly? If not, it had better get there soon.
Investors: Watch other private PaaS vendors, such as Apprenda, and public PaaS providers whose offerings could jump to the private cloud easily, such as RedHat (NASDAQ:RHAT) with its OpenShift.