Today, Google took the veil off its long rumor mobile network service.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Cost savings may not occur with cloud UC, but there are other hidden benefits, research shows.
Originally reported in the Indian Pres
Is ActiveSync Enough for Mobile Device Management?
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), when combined with Exchange Server, provides an inexpensive solution capable of securing corporate data, including email, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes generalized as Personal Information Management (PIM) on a variety of mobile devices. Although EAS provides some baseline Mobile Device Management (MDM) features such as remote wipe and lock, it lacks the robust feature sets of MDM-specific solutions such as identity-based policy enforcement. For organizations supporting a wide variety of devices, or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) models, EAS has unpredictable functionality as an MDM solution. Although EAS is “good enough” for many organizations, IT managers should evaluate the capabilities of MDM solutions designed provide more advanced security for popular mobile platforms, including iOS and Android.