Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Big Data: Big Love and You - What "Big Data" is All About, Why It Matters, and What You Should Do About It
It's no secret that enterprises are getting inundated with data. Employees and customers are creating (and distributing) more information than ever before. But this isn't the same storage growth IT has been wrestling with for the last 20 years. Customers and staff are bringing in and sending out huge volumes of new kinds of data, especially audio and video. Nonhuman devices are getting into the act as well: from sensor networks to security cameras to ordinary infrastructure devices (servers, switches, routers), gear of all types is happily spewing log entries and swapping data streams.
The end result is more than an information tsunami you can deal with by throwing disk at the problem, it is a permanent rise in sea level that can flood networks and overwhelm traditional techniques for managing and using structured and unstructured data. At the same time, IT staff are increasingly asked to come up with new ways to mine that data--both statically and in real time--to uncover critical trends and actionable business ideas.
In this Webinar, you'll learn:
- What Big Data is and why it matters
- What the impact of Big Data will be on your infrastructure
- Where you're likely to see Big Data first
- What other companies are doing about Big Data
- What tools, architectures, and technologies will help you with your Big Data initiative
- The top five steps you can take to be ready for what happens in the next 1-3 years
- Johna Till Johnson, President and Founder
- John Burke, Principal Research Analyst