Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
Big Data Means Rapidly Growing Data
- Folks using big data solutions in 2012 were expecting 50% growth in data within 2012.
- They also have, on average, more than 20 Petabytes of data under management.
ETA Bottom Line:
Watch both the volume of data you have, and the rate at which you expect it to grow. As you approach the 1 PB mark, or as growth exceeds 50%, explore big data technologies.