My latest posting on NoJitter is now available:
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
At last week’s Enghouse Interactive Analyst Event, I had a chance to get up close and personal with some of their contact center products.
Incoming CISOs like to joke that the first item they’re issued when they begin the new job is a T-shirt with a target on it.
Companies Often Seek Big Data Solutions When Crossing 1 Petabyte Line
- Companies with big data initiatives average two to ten times as much data under management as companies of their size typically average.
- Hitting 1 petabyte under management is a threshold; above that mark, many companies create a formal big data initiative.
- BTA Bottom Line: If you are rapidly approaching the 1PB mark, carefully evaluate where data growth is coming from and what you hope to accomplish using the data; you may need to create a big data initiative with high-level leadership to ensure that the business discovers the actionable information in the flood.