Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
Considering Desktop Virtualization Plus Unified Communications: What IT Architects Need to Know
Growing adoption of Unified Communications and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure creates the potential for conflict, as VDI solutions must support real-time voice and video applications, and vice-versa. But VDI combined with UC also offers opportunities to simplify desktop environments, and securely extend UC to mobile platforms. IT architects must proactively plan for the combination of UC and VDI or risk finding themselves with users disenfranchised from one or the other, wasted resources, and thwarted strategies.