As I discussed in my recent report: “Key Trends: Contact Centers of the Future,” co
Considering Desktop Virtualization Plus Unified Communications: What IT Architects Need to Know
Growing adoption of Unified Communications and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure creates the potential for conflict, as VDI solutions must support real-time voice and video applications, and vice-versa. But VDI combined with UC also offers opportunities to simplify desktop environments, and securely extend UC to mobile platforms. IT architects must proactively plan for the combination of UC and VDI or risk finding themselves with users disenfranchised from one or the other, wasted resources, and thwarted strategies.
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud Delivery
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security & Compliance
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
According to our most recent benchmark, nearly every enterprises now supports employee use of iPhones and iPads; IT’s hand was forced from consumerization.