My latest posting on NoJitter is now available:
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
At last week’s Enghouse Interactive Analyst Event, I had a chance to get up close and personal with some of their contact center products.
Incoming CISOs like to joke that the first item they’re issued when they begin the new job is a T-shirt with a target on it.
Data Center Migration Without Tears: Top Five Things IT Professionals Must Know When Migrating Data Centers
We’ve all had to face it: At some time the data center will run out of something - space, power, tolerance. When that happens, we're faced with the daunting task of a data center migration. The server team tells you that the equipment can’t be moved. The network guys all have a reason why they can’t unplug anything. The end users have change window freezes and new application deployments that you can’t impact. It just goes on...Oh, yes! You have to manage this while keeping your budget flat.
Attendees to this webinar will hear tried-and-true tactics for avoiding the most common mistakes that IT professionals make when migrating data centers. They'll learn how to make their data center migration projects seamless--and painless.
- Budgeting for your data center migration
- Power and HVAC: What you don't know CAN hurt you
- Project planning and management--why a playbook is key
- Best practices and common mistakes--how to adopt one and avoid the other
- Jerry Gentry, VP, IT Program Management
- Irwin Lazar, VP and Service Director