Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Dell’s Acquisition of Gale Technologies Highlights Cloud Spending Plans
- Dell recently announced that it is buying Gale Technologies, a Santa Clara, Calif.-based maker of IT management, automation and orchestration tools that allow organizations to streamline the deployment of on-premise and hybrid clouds for self-service access to infrastructure
- Nearly 60% of organizations project increases in spending on Managed, Hosted, and Cloud Services for 2013
BTA Bottom Line:
Dell customers should consider how these new capabilities might help them automate complex infrastructure deployments and enable use of Cloud Services