Today, Google took the veil off its long rumor mobile network service.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Cost savings may not occur with cloud UC, but there are other hidden benefits, research shows.
Originally reported in the Indian Pres
Enterprise Shift to HTML5 Apps Highlights BYOD, Varied Mobile Platform
January 18, 2013
- The average company’s device population is 45% iOS, 30% Blackberry and 24% Android.
- Consequently, app development is shifting away from often cumbersome remote-access/Virtual Desktop Interfaces (VDI) and single platform native apps to web-based/HTML5 apps. Thought only 8% of companies support these apps today, 28% have plans and another 16% are evaluating solutions.
- ETA Bottom Line: Native apps are cost-prohibitive unless your company has normalized across a single mobile platform, and VDI apps are too bandwidth and latency sensitive. If you have a multi-platform and/or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) purchasing strategy (63% of companies do), look to offer the best bang for your buck via web-based/HTML5 or hybrid apps.