Just a handful of years ago it was nearly impossible to avoid that little red button sitting on seemingly every office desk.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
If you’re like most IT professionals, you’ve noticed that your roster of third-party providers continues to grow.
A Deeper Look at Enterprise Connect Contact Center Announcements from Avaya, CafeX, Cisco, Five9, Genesys, 8x8, and more
Enterprise Connect 2015 proved a popular venue for contact center and customer engagement announcements.
Enterprise Shift to HTML5 Apps Highlights BYOD, Varied Mobile Platform
January 18, 2013
- The average company’s device population is 45% iOS, 30% Blackberry and 24% Android.
- Consequently, app development is shifting away from often cumbersome remote-access/Virtual Desktop Interfaces (VDI) and single platform native apps to web-based/HTML5 apps. Thought only 8% of companies support these apps today, 28% have plans and another 16% are evaluating solutions.
- ETA Bottom Line: Native apps are cost-prohibitive unless your company has normalized across a single mobile platform, and VDI apps are too bandwidth and latency sensitive. If you have a multi-platform and/or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) purchasing strategy (63% of companies do), look to offer the best bang for your buck via web-based/HTML5 or hybrid apps.