- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- PilotHouse - UCC
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Cisco has announced plans to acquire Acano, a privately-owned provider of an on-premises platform fo
I must admit that when I heard the news that Mitel had announced plans to acquire Mavenir in March of this year I didn’t give it much thought.
At the recent Genesys 2015 G-Force, I saw a futuristic demo in which pressing a button on a broken fridge automatically connected a person to a live agent to report an issue.
Enterprise Shift to HTML5 Apps Highlights BYOD, Varied Mobile Platform
January 18, 2013
- The average company’s device population is 45% iOS, 30% Blackberry and 24% Android.
- Consequently, app development is shifting away from often cumbersome remote-access/Virtual Desktop Interfaces (VDI) and single platform native apps to web-based/HTML5 apps. Thought only 8% of companies support these apps today, 28% have plans and another 16% are evaluating solutions.
- ETA Bottom Line: Native apps are cost-prohibitive unless your company has normalized across a single mobile platform, and VDI apps are too bandwidth and latency sensitive. If you have a multi-platform and/or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) purchasing strategy (63% of companies do), look to offer the best bang for your buck via web-based/HTML5 or hybrid apps.