As an analyst, I spend a lot of time reading and learning about new and emerging technology.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
My latest posting on NoJitter is now available:
At last week’s Enghouse Interactive Analyst Event, I had a chance to get up close and personal with some of their contact center products.
Enterprises Expect Tablets or Smartphones Will Replace PCs
November 8, 2012
- Almost 50% of companies expect 5% of their workforce will replace their laptop or desktop with a mobile device (tablet or smartphone).
- BTA Bottom Line: Virtual desktop interfaces (VDI), faster and more reliable wireless networks and highly capable, power-sipping device components are closing the feature gaps between tablets and traditional PCs. Evaluate specific business cases where tablets are better-suited than laptops while the shift to tablets as general compute devices continues.