As I discussed in my recent report: “Key Trends: Contact Centers of the Future,” co
Enterprises Expect Tablets or Smartphones Will Replace PCs
November 8, 2012
- Almost 50% of companies expect 5% of their workforce will replace their laptop or desktop with a mobile device (tablet or smartphone).
- BTA Bottom Line: Virtual desktop interfaces (VDI), faster and more reliable wireless networks and highly capable, power-sipping device components are closing the feature gaps between tablets and traditional PCs. Evaluate specific business cases where tablets are better-suited than laptops while the shift to tablets as general compute devices continues.
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud Delivery
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security & Compliance
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
According to our most recent benchmark, nearly every enterprises now supports employee use of iPhones and iPads; IT’s hand was forced from consumerization.
One of the most frequent questions I get in my discussions with our clients is “what should we do about Lync, is it ready to replace our PBX from vendor XXX”?