Today, Google took the veil off its long rumor mobile network service.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Cost savings may not occur with cloud UC, but there are other hidden benefits, research shows.
Originally reported in the Indian Pres
Google IaaS Changes Reflect Growing Acceptance of Public Cloud
Google has announced both a 10x increase in the number of virtual machine types it offers through its ComputeEngine Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering (along with a price reduction on the original ones) and a 20% cost drop on cloud storage. More than half of enterprises using IaaS cite savings as the main driver for adoption; by making more kinds of instance available, allowing a closer fit of virtual machine to workload requirements, and by dropping prices, Google hopes to ride that cost-cutting wave to higher market presence.
BTA Bottom Line:
If you are already using IaaS, remember that one thing you are supposed to be able to do is move workloads to where services that meet your needs are cheapest; but when vendors cut prices, don't lose sight of the "meet your needs" part of that formula.