Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
HP 3PAR Announcements Highlight Big Data Impact on Companies of All Sizes
HP, in updating its 3PAR and StoreAll storage lines to meet the needs of midsize companies, is aiming them squarely at the growing need for big data solutions among companies that are not themselves big. Nemertes finds that for many companies, having 1000 terabytes under management is a threshhold and crossing it puts even small companies in the market for big data solutions, both in analytics and in storage and storage management.
BTA Bottom Line: Keep an eye on your storage universe and on the kinds of problems you want to solve using the data you manage. As you see the 1PB mark approaching, begin evaluating solutions specifically aimed at big data scale.