- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- PilotHouse - UCC
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
At the recent Genesys 2015 G-Force, I saw a futuristic demo in which pressing a button on a broken fridge automatically connected a person to a live agent to report an issue.
Toward Security in the Cloud: Do-It-Yourself Versus Network-Based Firewall Services
Network-based firewall services (NBFWS) are gaining momentum. By their location in the cloud, NBFWS offer advantages related to effectiveness, scalability, availability, extensibility, accessibility, and maintainability. Also on the list of potential benefits are compelling cost advantages. Yet, the decision to move to NBFWS is more than a simple return-on-investment; it is a risk decision. For some organizations, the risk is too high, regardless of the cost savings. For others, NBFWS can meet the corporate risk profile through close attention to service-level commitments, the credentials of the service provider, network infrastructure and security staffing options.