Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Toward Security in the Cloud: Do-It-Yourself Versus Network-Based Firewall Services
Network-based firewall services (NBFWS) are gaining momentum. By their location in the cloud, NBFWS offer advantages related to effectiveness, scalability, availability, extensibility, accessibility, and maintainability. Also on the list of potential benefits are compelling cost advantages. Yet, the decision to move to NBFWS is more than a simple return-on-investment; it is a risk decision. For some organizations, the risk is too high, regardless of the cost savings. For others, NBFWS can meet the corporate risk profile through close attention to service-level commitments, the credentials of the service provider, network infrastructure and security staffing options.