Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Unified Communications: The Mobile, Cloud-Based, Virtual Future
Unified Communications (UC) is now a mainstream solution for today's increasingly mobile and virtual workforce. IT staffs have broadly deployed UC applications such as instant messaging, audio/Web conferencing, and presence to help improve collaboration. IT decision makers increasingly are considering professional services, virtualization, and cloud-based UC deployments to reduce capital costs and the need for experienced staff, and to enable IT staff to focus more of their time on strategic initiatives. The use of managed and/or professional services for implementation and ongoing management correlates with successful UC initiatives.