Interactive Intelligence today formally announced the launch of its Amazon Web Services-based cloud contact center product PureCloud Engage.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Just like back in the mid 1990s, the battle between industry and law enforcement over encryption is heating up, with a large amount of posturing and naiveté.
Video conferencing is becoming a core component of a unified-communications architecture. Yet, with so many types of video-conferencing tools and methods, IT managers are tasked with determining users’ needs and matching them with the appropriate tools. Room video/telepresence, desktop/mobile video, video in the cloud, video-enabled Web conferencing or extranet video; the choice is huge, continually evolving, and not easy. Bandwidth considerations, availability of resources for management and in-house expertise, opex vs. capex issues, security issues revolving around the use of consumer-based video, and cost all play a role in the difficult decision IT managers have to make when evaluating enterprise video.