Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
WAN Bandwidth and Budgets
Companies are facing an interesting challenge with regard to their Wide Area Network (WAN) planning. Three out of four organizations report no growth in budgets, and overall planned budget growth is only 5% to 8%. Budgets are essentially flat. Yet, nearly 50% of benchmark participants project significant increases in bandwidth consumption. In addition, the concentration of both technology and workers continues to shift, with technology services becoming more centralized and technology workers more decentralized. Organizations must continue to pressure their WAN providers to deliver more bandwidth without driving up their costs