If you’re like most IT professionals, you’ve noticed that your roster of third-party providers continues to grow.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
Enterprise Connect 2015 proved a popular venue for contact center and customer engagement announcements.
At the 25th anniversary Enterprise Connect this week in Orlando Microsoft took a bit of a gamble, walking away from the “Lync” name for its unified communications platform that it had adopted just
WAN Bandwidth and Budgets
Companies are facing an interesting challenge with regard to their Wide Area Network (WAN) planning. Three out of four organizations report no growth in budgets, and overall planned budget growth is only 5% to 8%. Budgets are essentially flat. Yet, nearly 50% of benchmark participants project significant increases in bandwidth consumption. In addition, the concentration of both technology and workers continues to shift, with technology services becoming more centralized and technology workers more decentralized. Organizations must continue to pressure their WAN providers to deliver more bandwidth without driving up their costs