Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
Why Create a Private Cloud
- The primary reason IT leaders give for using the public cloud is to reduce costs. Here, we see that the primary reason for deploying a private cloud, whether on premise or hosted, is to improve IT agility in serving the needs of the business.
- BTA Bottom Line: If the main thing keeping you from meeting your organizations needs around quick deployment of new services is inertia in the data center, consider bringing in (or reconfiguring part of your infrastructure as) a private cloud, or using a private cloud solution from an external provider.