As I discussed in my recent report: “Key Trends: Contact Centers of the Future,” co
Why Create a Private Cloud
October 11, 2012
- The primary reason IT leaders give for using the public cloud is to reduce costs. Here, we see that the primary reason for deploying a private cloud, whether on premise or hosted, is to improve IT agility in serving the needs of the business.
- BTA Bottom Line: If the main thing keeping you from meeting your organizations needs around quick deployment of new services is inertia in the data center, consider bringing in (or reconfiguring part of your infrastructure as) a private cloud, or using a private cloud solution from an external provider.
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud Delivery
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security & Compliance
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
According to our most recent benchmark, nearly every enterprises now supports employee use of iPhones and iPads; IT’s hand was forced from consumerization.
One of the most frequent questions I get in my discussions with our clients is “what should we do about Lync, is it ready to replace our PBX from vendor XXX”?