Google announced Android for Work today, unveiling its new tools and strategy for using Android devices in the workplace.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Big Data, Analytics and Virtualization
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
YES! Typically, when we think of enterprise mobility, it’s a very different beast. The majority of announcements in the greater collective of the mobile world are aimed at the consumer side.
Email, the scourge of today’s workforce that keeps millions upon millions from actually getting anything done seems to exist as a necessary evil in the corporate collaboration environment.
The Nemertes PilotHouse award recognizes Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) solutions. Although the core technology is set in stone via the IEEE 802.11x standards, there are now multiple standards in use within the .11 subset today, including the aging a/b/g versions, the newer generation n and even the quasi-Wi-Fi 802.17 implementations. Vendors differentiate themselves in a variety of ways, including architecture, management tools, security options, adaptive antennae techniques, and advanced routing features. IT professionals who use these products rate their providers on technology, value, and customer service.