Last week, Genesys announced its new native Skype for Business (formerly Lync) integration.
- PilotHouse Vendor Rating
- Contact Center and Customer Engagement
- Cloud and Data Center
- Cost Models and Total Cost of Ownership
- Enterprise Trusted Advisor
- IT Innovation, Transformation, and Enterprise Technology
- Mobile and Network Services
- Security, Risk Management, and Compliance Research Initiatives
- Unified Communications and Collaboration
So, very few out there (at least, very few of those who run data centers) don't know that Windows 2003 is going the way of the dodo. Or rather, Microsoft support for 2003 is.
Zend AppFabric, Infor Mongoose in Amazon show expanding interest in PaaS
Enterprises: If you are planning on getting back into developing your own apps (or having them developed for you), examine PaaS offerings such as these.
Vendors: Your application development and hosting platforms need to make the transition to cloud.
Investors: Watch smaller privately held PaaS vendors such as DotCloud, ActiveState, and Engine Yard as possible targets for acquisition by larger players such as Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) or Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO).